Sunday, September 16, 2012

Terminal musings

Hey all!

Here I am, sitting in terminal number #1 of the day, in Dulles, and before I leave, I want to share a couple of thoughts.

First of all, I am so so grateful for this experience that is to come. I spent some time in the past twenty-four hours before weepy, but only because saying goodbye to everything I know is really hard. I do realize that this is an adventure, and I am definitely going to make the most of it.

Second, thank you to everyone who has helped me get here. I am so lucky to have some great people in my life. Most importantly I have my mom who has done everything in her power to make sure that I'm where I am today, both physically here in this airport as well as who I am as a person.

Finally, I am about to achieve one of my dreams, and that is so unreal to me. I've been obsessed with Paris and the French language for years and years, and now I am on my way. I guess at one point I was pretty afraid of what it would mean to actually live this dream, and maybe not have it be everything I wanted. But there is a little Tangled wisdom I'd like to share

Rapunzel: I've been looking out of a window for eighteen years, dreaming about what I might feel like when those lights rise in the sky. What if it's not everything I dreamed it would be? 
Flynn Rider: It will be. 
Rapunzel: And what if it is? What do I do then? 
Flynn Rider: Well,that's the good part I guess. You get to go find a new dream

Alright, the plane just arrived at the gate, so I'm gonna pack up and get ready to head to Atlanta! Thank you again everyone :)

Paris, à nous deux!

No comments:

Post a Comment