Monday, October 1, 2012

20 years old!

Yesterday I celebrated my 20th birthday! I can't believe that, first of all, I'm not a teenager any more, and that I got to spend my birthday in this beautiful city!

My dad was here this past weekend (stopping for a few days before he returns to VA) and we got to do some pretty cool things. On Saturday we went and hung out at the Eiffel Tower for a while then walked around the 7th Arrondissement. On Sunday (my birthday!) we walked all around Montmartre and even went into Sacre Coeur during a mass! I still think that Montmartre is the most beautiful part of Paris, but that may be because of all of it's gorgeous history. After walking around the hill we went to the Montmartre Cemetery, which was probably the most terrifying thing I've ever done. We only spent about 10 minutes there because I got really freaked out.

For lunch, we got Chipotle! There is one single Chipotle in the entirety of France, and I had to go there on my birthday, obviously. So I got my usual order, but there was no white rice - I'm pretty sure they only have brown rice. Also the tortillas are very very different. They are much more bread-like than in the US. Overall, it was really good though.

After that, we back to the hotel, but not before wandering aimlessly around the 15th arrondissement. We found some pretty cool restaurants and some big grocery stores and even a movie theater that is a few blocks from my apartment! We hung out at the hotel for the rest of the night and just grabbed some baguette sandwiches and some crepes for dinner and dessert.

Overall, it was a great birthday! I'm so fortunate to get to start my twenties in the city of my dreams. Hopefully, it's a sign of the all the adventures and achievements I'll have over the next decades.

Thank you everybody for your birthday wishes!
A tout a l'heure!

No comments:

Post a Comment