Thursday, October 18, 2012

One month: an update

Yesterday marked the end of my first month in Paris! I can't believe that I've only been here for a month, I've gotten to see and do so much here already. I'm also completely blown away by the fact that I have 8 more months to go. I have so much time to relax and see everything I want to.

Touristy things I have seen/done so far:

- Notre-Dame (inside)
- Basilica Sacre-Coeur
- The Eiffel Tower (the grounds)
- Musee de Louvre
- Musee d'Orsay
- Musee d'Orangerie
- Boat ride on the Seine
- Walk down the Champs-Elysées
- L'Arc du Triomphe


Touristy things I have yet to do:

- Centre Pompidou
- The Catacombes
- Le Grande Palais
- L'institut du Monde Arabe
- Eiffel Tower (to the top)
- Notre-Dame (to the top)

     There's still so much time for me to do all of those things, and more. There are of, course, all the not-touristy things I want to do as well.

Today I went to the Musée d'Orangerie (in the Jardin Tuileries) and I got to see Water Lilies paintings by Monet, which were (to quote Midnight in Paris) overwhelming. I saw a lot of Picasso, Renoir, and Modigliani as well. Beside Monet's work, I still prefer the Musée d'Orsay and all of Toulouse-Lautrec's work.

That's all for today, this weekend I'll be heading to the Loire Valley so look out for some wine updates next week!

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment