Wednesday, April 17, 2013

2 Months, Spring, and a Stomach Virus

Monday the 15th marked two months until I go back to the U.S. I mean, how crazy is that? I'm pretty excited to go home, but I think that's mostly because I think going home will be a couple weeks of vacation then I can just pop back over here.

Unfortunately that's not how it works. I'll head back to Virginia on June 15th, spend of a couple of weeks at home, then go to Columbus for the rest of the summer and the start of the school year.

Here are the things I look forward to the most:
- Virginia, beautiful Virginia
- seeing my mom!
- Getting back to Columbus!!!
- Touring again
- My apartment with David!
- Senior year (how ridiculous does that sound?)

I still have two months though, and they're going to be pretty packed months. This weekend I head to Amsterdam with Meagan and Delaney (my Wednesday pub buddies), the following weekend is the start of my break! and I do 4 days in Italy - Rome and Venice - with Delaney, the weekend after is 4 days in Barcelona with housemate Kenzie! That already puts me mid way through May, and I'm also working on doing Berlin for a long weekend (we have a Monday holiday at the end of May). My brother Danny is coming to visit me the first weekend of June for 5 days and then I have one weekend left in Paris. Wow that hurts to write.

*Catch your breath here*

Spring finally showed up here in Paris! Kenzie and I did some park lounging close to the apartment. I tried to go to the Luxembourg Gardens but there were SOOOOOOO many people. I couldn't even handle it. It was way more fun to hang out around the local families. That is really the Paris I love.



Today it's actually 24 degrees C (high 70s-ish). Unfortunately I've had a stomach virus for the past couple of days so I'm confined to the apartment eating bites of rice and drinking powerade. Luckily for you, that means a blog post! Unluckily for me that means fluctuating temperature, chills, throwing up, and zero appetite. Woot woot. Also I may be editing pictures from the last...3 months or so. Trying to get a little ahead of myself before I do all this new traveling.

Alright I'm going to eat some more rice and crash in bed.
À toute!
Gabs


No comments:

Post a Comment